Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2010 is going to be my year. I've dabbled in the running world since May 2007, running several 5K races and one 16K race (Tely 10). Being an injury-prone runner, I realize that I have to train consistently to achieve the goals that I have set out and wish to complete in 2010. I've created this blog to record my training efforts, including any issues that arise during the course of my training. Perhaps this will be a useful tool for improving my running times or training activities. I'm hoping that it will keep me motivated so I can kick some ass this year!

So, here goes ...
  • On January 14th I will begin a Half Marathon Clinic to train for the "Not So Hilly Half Marathon" which takes place May 23rd.
  • After that, I will run the Tely 10 (last Sunday in July) ... The Tely 10 is a 16 kilometre run from Paradise to Bannerman Park. I completed it for the first time in 2009 with a time of 2:05:16 (chip time). My goal is to beat that time (obviously)!
  • Then I will attempt to run a Full Marathon (September/October - Date to Be Confirmed when I learn more!) ...
The Half and Full Marathons will be a first for me, so completing them is the primary focus right now. As my training progresses, perhaps I will set a goal time ... we'll see ;o)

So far, I think I have started the year out right. I won a couple of sessions with a personal trainer during an online auction supporting the NL Joints In Motion Team. After a meeting with Sandra and getting a fitness assessment done, I have personal training sessions tonight and Saturday morning. I'll have my cross-training plan and nutritional guide in place before my running clinic begins! I just have to stick with it and learn to motivate myself (hopefully with some help from my friends!) ...

Well, I've said enough for now ...

Happy Running :o)
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment