Sunday, January 31, 2010

8K Later ...

Woohoo - another great Sunday morning run! We did 8K today. I did my 3K yesterday on my treadmill - thought I was going to die!!! Stretched it all out after that and woke up feeling great! Another good stretch after my 8K and I am feeling good ... I must be getting stronger (finally!).

Today we had some flurries and it was -6 with a -15 wind chill. My toes were a little cold at first, but things weren't long getting warmed up. We had a nice route today, as well, starting at the running room and heading out Pine Bud, Empire, Forest, Quidi Vidi, The Blvd, back via Empire, Carpasian (up hill), and back to the RR via Pine Bud.

Next week, I am hoping to get at least my 3 runs in again ... but will try for at least four of the scheduled runs. Doing a longer stretch after running seems to be helping out allot. Our long slow run has been pushed back to Saturday next week so we can watch/volunteer at the Hypothermic Half Marathon taking place next Sunday!

Happy Running :o)
Tammy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tammy ... my name is Rob - I teach your sister Laurie at CNA. I asked the students to set up a blog (for a short exercise in a marketing course). She didn't want to (@ first, though she caved in later), but she DID point me to YOUR blog. Here's a direct quote from her:

    "My sisters Blog, I don't expect a mark, just letting you know I'm aware. Check it out, it's quite boring, lol."

    Ha ha ... I just thought I'd 'rat her out' :)
    btw ... have you ever looked at the MapMyFitness site? You might find it interesting, as a runner.

    ReplyDelete