Friday, January 22, 2010

Wrong Turn

HA! Well, I had my half clinic last night ... we were scheduled to do a 3K run. Being the slowest of the group, it didn't take long to get left behind. It was a snowy-windy run, but not too cold. One of the group leaders came back to "retrieve" me, but shin splints and a little breathing trouble (I'm starting to get a cold) would not allow me to "put the pedal to the metal" (so to speak).

After some time, I began to think "shouldn't we be on our way back now (a.k.a. "I wanna go home"!)?" We weren't too far off, but instead of a hard 3K, I ended up doing a really hard 4K ...

My right hip and knee are a little sore today. I tried out my studded sneaker thingys for the first time last night, so that might explain the shin splints and soreness. Ugh ... why can't I get good at this whole running business!?!?!? Please?

Another 3K run planned for Saturday and 8K for Sunday ... lets hope I can remember the routes and save some 'K's for another day!

Happy Running :o)
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment