Sunday, January 24, 2010

Isn't it funny ...

... that I feel great AFTER finishing my 8K run?!?!?! Funny, that all I could think of DURING the run was "oh my gawd, will this NEVER END!?!?!?" And "my ass and hip flexors are frozen ... there has to be a better way ..."!!!!!

Anyway, I did have an enjoyable and scenic run in the downtown of St. John's today ... we had minus 10 degrees (with a minus 18 degree wind chill), but the pavement was bare - and that meant TRACTION!!! I loved it!

I'm still having issues with my shins and calves. I think if I can find a way to keep the major muscles warmer during my run, it may help a bit. A frozen ass, along with the hip flexors today, made my legs feel like lead!!!

This weeks training is the same as last week. I am going to try really hard to get all my runs in this week. I'm also going to be working on stretching some more. I did 30 mins of yoga last night and felt great afterwards ... my lower back felt a bit tweaked this morning before my run, but I didn't notice it at all during the run - bonus!

Looking forward to a challenging week ...

Happy Running :o)
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment