Sunday, January 17, 2010

Snowy 7K

WELL ... =:o

It didn't call for snow, but apparently someone thought that it would be nice to let us have a bit for my first Sunday morning run ... as if getting up at 7:00 am to run in the cold on a Sunday morning wasn't challenging enough! I should have moved to BC with Anne!

It was a slow run for me ... last to finish once again. (hehe ... like I care!!!)

My butt and my legs were totally numb!!! Too bad the arse couldn't just fall off! I could afford to lose a bit of "junk in the trunk" ;o)

Overall, I thought it was a good run. I wasn't cold at all. I found it hard to breathe with the wind and had zero traction on the slush/snow mix (I should have wore my studs), but at least I wasn't cold! At the beginning of the run I was wishing for something to cover my neck and cheeks, so maybe a balaclava is in my future. Also, I'm beginning to think that I should cut off a pair of my fleece pyjama pants to cover but butt and upper legs for warmth! A numb butt makes the run feel a little harder than it actually is, I think.

Week 2 starts tomorrow ... Day off from running - YAY!!!!!

Tuesday we are looking at 4K, then 3K, 3K, BREAK DAY and another 7K next Sunday ... Should be a challenging week. I am really looking forward to getting fitted for some new orthotics Wednesday and hope they make a difference.

Time for some Sunday chores and a nap!!

Happy Running :o)
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment